What's the damage so far? Well haven't been there for a year, but I'd like to list 5 things that have been... well, of concern for me! Let's see...
1. Last year when I visited, and this was a month after the General II had been placed on display in its new home, the spiel on the train still talked about the General II! I guess I wouldn't have really expected them to change it, but it sure makes a difference since the engine is no longer there!
2. I recently noticed the depot at the Confederate Hall is gone, and there's just a platform there!
3. Likewise, the stop at the petting farm/wildlife preserve is gone without a trace! With SDC's management, I'm not surprised! Not that I ever really cared to get off there, but it's just one of those things I've noticed.
4. You no longer get tickets for the train at the Memorial Depot, you get that at the Crossroads entrance. Not a big deal, but kinda makes the depot feel less like a depot, and the train more like a park ride!
5. Are they ever gonna hook those crossing signals back up? If they don't intend to use them, they may as well just downgrade them to mere signs!
Maybe I'm thinking a little too much on the subject, but I can't help myself!
Ironically, having one of the steamers gone makes visiting the park and riding the train somewhat more bearable for me!