Okay, to answer a question here is how the frame and boiler were altered to be Roger or Walter. First I made sure I was using one of the older tyco Rogers 10 wheelers with the brass bearings. Using a razor saw and files I cut a new slot between the two bottom plate screws.
To shorten the side rods I used K&S brass tubes in the bearing locations to set the length I cut them tinned theme with soft solder and then set the length to the same as is between the axles, clamped them with some locking forceps and re-flowed the solder.
The boiler was cut using a razor saw in 3 places, removing the smoke box extension. I also made a vertical cut behind the sand dome and about half way between the dome and the front band. then an XACTO chisel blade was use to cut the section out at the running boards. since the frame length was not changed the boiler must also be the same length to fit.
The section was then cemented in place with the sand dome reversed to be pushed forward. Then a longer taper section was placed over the old taper and the moved boiler section. I worked with a paper pattern until ai had the tapered section right then I cut .030 plastic to glue on.
I have also cut off the air pump and moved it the left side and salvaged the head light and attached it to the smoke box cover.
Well that is a brief summation of the method used to modify the Loco' I'll try to answer any questions.