Switch to full style
Railroads not found at Disney parks
Post a reply

Re: Stone Mountain Scenic Railroad - Stone Mountain, Georgia

Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:29 pm

Any idea where she is heading?

Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:18 pm

Cannonball7 wrote:Any idea where she is heading?

The Three Rivers Rambler, of course!

Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:32 am

Once again I have been away from this board for some time. I check in and...........Woah! All the steam locomotive are gone. I'm happy that they may operate again but sad because I held out hope that it would be at SM.

I would like to go to SM to walk down the track to where Ringold used to be. The false front town where the gunfight shows were put on. I know there is nothing there now but I just want to revisit some memories. Remember the fenced area between Big Shanty and Ringold where the indian display was? Remember the burning boxcar that the indian would be next to? Big question I have is can I walk through the Big Shanty area (train shop area) without getting into any trouble or would I need to go around this? Anyone ever done this?

Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:36 am

Oh yeah! I saw on New Hope Valley Railways facebook page that they are removing boiler tubes from the Yonah II.

Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:42 pm

I saw something interesting on ebay just now. A press photo from June 29, 1969 showing one of the SM coaches on fire. Very interesting.

Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:46 pm

Three Rivers Rambler has updated their website to include work on #60. Check it out:
http://www.threeriversrambler.com/no-60/
Post a reply