* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

[ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Grizzly Flats Engine House
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:12 pm 
Fireman

I had business in Socal this weekend and stopped in briefly at the Orange Empire Railway Museum hoping to get some detail photos of the Emma Nevada. Sadly (for me) the Grizzly Flats Engine House was locked up tight and I couldn't get in. Is there a schedule on when its open? Yes, I should have searched out a docent and inquired but there was a railroad swap meet going on and folks seemed a bit pre-occupied...

Ah well, next time...

Post subject: Re: Grizzly Flats Engine House
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:31 pm 
Fireman

Sorry you didn't get into the Grizzly Flats barn. If you are back at the museum and run into this situation again, please stop by the bookstore and ask if someone can let you in. They can usually get hold of someone to assist you. I know they are doing a lot of work on Emma Nevada as time, donations & volunteer labor allows. I was there a last weekend and they had the pilot axle & rear driving axle rolled out from under the engine. Some day it will run again. :D

Profile E-mail  

[ 2 posts ]