* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

[ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Location of Opryland Railroad Equipment
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:02 am 
Passenger

An associate of mine is trying to track down the location of 5 of the coaches that operated on the Opryland Railroad. Opryland had three locomotives, 6 regular coaches, and 2 conductor cars. So far we know the following:

Locomotive's "Beatrice" and "Elizabeth" are located at the Kirby Family Farm in Williston, FL.

Kirby's also has one of the conductor cars.

"Racheal" is at the Grapevine Railroad in Texas.

Two coaches are at Six Flags in Maryland.

That leaves 4 regular coaches and the other conductor coach that my associate is looking for. I originally thought the coaches on the railroad at Six Flags Fiesta Texas we're them but the bench ends and roof line are different. Plus Fiesta Texas was another Gaylord property so the trains may have been similar.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Location of Opryland Railroad Equipment
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:11 pm 
1000 post Engineer

I had never heard of the Opryland Railroad up until you mentioned it. What size were the engines and rolling stock? Rachel and Beatrice appear to be the same size as the Ward Kimball and Fred Gurley, but I suspect that they might be larger and closer to the CP&LE's G.A. Boeckling (The old Ward Kimball).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:08 pm 
Brakeman

I believe the Boeckling was built to look like the Opryland engines. As far as I know it was originally put together by Keystone then rebuilt by Shop Services after Marriot sold it. It also would be similar in size to the Custom Fabricator engines.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:57 pm 
Engineer

Denis Larrick's research has revealed that the Boeckling was built up from parts of several locomotives, although we're not sure if that this was done prior to it's acquisition by Marriott, or by Keystone Light Railways. It's further muddled by what ever work was done by Shop Services.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:28 pm 
1000 post Engineer

Bruce R Pier wrote:
Denis Larrick's research has revealed that the Boeckling was built up from parts of several locomotives, although we're not sure if that this was done prior to it's acquisition by Marriott, or by Keystone Light Railways. It's further muddled by what ever work was done by Shop Services.

And this was prior to Bill Norred trading the Boeckling to Disneyland for Retlaw 1 right? I read a little more on the Opryland railroad, and it's a shame that the only true steam engine left, the Rachel, is sitting outdoors in a rather dismal condition. I'm surprised that someone hasn't done anything about it though I guess the Jennie K up until recently was in a similar state as well.

[ 5 posts ]