* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

[ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Review of the C.K. Holliday Planbook!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:30 pm 
Fireman

Amen!!! No prude here either but I am tired of the desensitizing (sp?) in today's culture. Please keep this board "safe for the little ears". (Courtesy of Z88.3 radio in Orlando) (Quite possibly one of the best radio stations I've ever listened to)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:02 pm 
Brakeman

Pop Hines wrote:
Amen!!! No prude here either but I am tired of the desensitizing (sp?) in today's culture. Please keep this board "safe for the little ears". (Courtesy of Z88.3 radio in Orlando) (Quite possibly one of the best radio stations I've ever listened to)

Last post. Really not wanting to mess up the original idea. Preston's plans. Did not mean to offend anyone. I did not try to alter, cheat, or use fake images to spell out a evil word. This is what will get me in trouble. I only suggested something you could take, anyway with your imagination. Just like they do in comics. It appears most are taking the bad route. So I don't want to ruin the eyes or ears of any age or gender. And if your lil one can figure out a bad word from just the first and last letter. No middle section that even resembles the letters that they may be. Be happy they must be smart or using those words already. Send them on wheel of fortune or a scrabble competition. Sorry for the offense, if you want to take it up more PM me. Like I said was just happy to get my plan set. And I got the "family" idea full on. No one else has anything to add to the original subject!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:20 pm 
Chief Engineer

DeuceMan_408 wrote:
And if your lil one can figure out a bad word from just the first and last letter. No middle section that even resembles the letters that they may be. Be happy they must be smart or using those words already.

It doesn't matter if the little ones can figure it out. I can tell what it is immediately by looking at it, and I don't need that kind of trash in my brain. "Family friendly" doesn't just mean it is for the kids. It means it is for the whole family.

Pop Hines wrote:
(Courtesy of Z88.3 radio in Orlando) (Quite possibly one of the best radio stations I've ever listened to)

That's what we listen to every time we are there.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:12 am 
Fireman

Got a Z88.3 app on my phone.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:06 pm 
Fireman

Not my fault that my book got him really excited :P

My CK Holliday Project and Simulator
My DLRR CAD Download

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:41 am 
Fireman

I'm sold! That's a book I need to order. One question Steve (this has nothing to do with the book) but looking at that First pic of Holliday, was she painted in a darker red during the SF&DL days or is that just the camera? In the newer photo, shes looks like shes painted in brighter red.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:53 pm 
8000 post Engineer

Camera/lighting probably has something do do with the first photo. The second photo, she's not red--she's a shade of orange, which resulted in the nickname "the pumpkin."

The latest edition of Welcome Aboard the Disneyland Railroad! is now available to pre-order, with a special price for Burnslanders! You can read more about the book and pre-order a copy from http://www.burnsland.com/store/dlrrbook.shtml

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:54 pm 
1000 post Engineer

I have just noticed the fact that it is indeed orange (compare the cab/dome/headlight to the wheels that are actually red). In the SF&D photo, it appears the red the Holliday originally had is comparable to the dark red on the Ripley's headlight today.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:08 pm 
2000 post Engineer

How are others here pulling dimensions off the book's 1:18 scale drawings? I'm so spoiled by my 12" stainless rule with N, HO, S and O scales. I'd love to have a similar 1:18 stainless rule, at least 12" long, just for use with this book.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:00 am 
Fireman

I originally wanted 1:16 on the page because it would be easy to double the size to 1:8. Unfortunately, the engine was just barely too big at 1:16, so I settled on 1:18 as it was the best way to maximize the amount of detail. I know it's a bit unconventional, but at 1:20 a lot of details were already getting lost in the lines.

If you're just pulling quick dimensions off the 1:18 drawings, 2:32 will give you only 11% error from 1:18, if you have an architectural scale ruler with 1/32 on it. Even better: you can read the plan in 1:8, and multiply your reading by 2.25 (0.5% error). But if you're already doing that much, you might as well read the plan in inches and multiply by 18!

My CK Holliday Project and Simulator
My DLRR CAD Download

[ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3